There are plenty of video resources in so many formats right now, and you have to convert them to some certain format so as to play them on some certain device. You need to pick a video converter first. Since most video converters are similar at the first look and those applications normally have a whole lot functions and has in common, it is not easy to make a decision. In reality, there is never the best option there is however always the most appropriate one to meet your needs.
Here we list 5 essential highlights of video converter software based on most users’ needs and you also might wish to have a glance when you are searching for a video converter.
1) Support just about all input and popular output video formats – The first thing you have to discover is whether the video converter supports the input formats that you are currently converting from and also the output formats that you are converting to. The supported input formats should contain just about all video formats as the supported output formats should include almost all of Converter App. For instance, Sothink Free Video Converter supports AVI (DivX, XivD), MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, FLV, SWF, ASF, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, VOB (VCD), and DV. That will probably be enough.
Most video converters also support audio, and in most cases the formats should be MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, MKA, FLAC, WAV, AIF, and AU.
What’s more, as the hi-def video came, the video converter had better support H.264 HD video conversion, too.
2) Support popular multimedia devices – To actually and perfectly play videos on some multimedia devices, especially HD devices, you should convert video to improve format and appropriate dimension, zoom mode, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, and so on. It does not be essential to know those professional details when you purchase some video converter that automatically set all related properties to get the best and directly convert video to your desired target device. Just check out if the video convert software supports iPad, iPod, iPod Touch, iPhone, iPhone 4, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 System, Zune, Wii, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Google Android, Nexus One, Samsung, Motorola, etc.
3) Support trimming video to clip – Since you convert files from some source video or audio, you can definitely trim the files for the part you really want. Many video convert tools support trimming video towards the desired clip and some of them even support cropping. Whether it is possible to trim can also be important. Directly setting the start time as well as end period of the trimmed clip will likely be great.
4) Support batch conversion and convert fast – Those are time-saving features that will come in handy when you have many video files, especially big files, to convert. You can easily find out whether or not the video converter supports batch conversion. However, how about converting speed? Check that whether the converter supports multi-CPUs and multiple threads. If this does, it probably converts fast. And Sothink Free Video Converter even supports automatically shut down, sleep and hibernate when video conversion task dcouwr finished. It really is another excellent feature about time-saving.
5) Easy to use – A few of the video convert items are of wizard interface and some offer Microsoft Office style. Regardless of the software program is, it should be easy to use and user-friendly. That is certainly to express, the video converter you decide on should cause you to only need to click as opposed to to type. In addition to thinking or doubt. All converting configuration had better be automatically set and you also never have to know the details.
What’s more – Additionally, there are various other features that you might consider when you are interested in in a video converter, for example, capable of preview, support image output, etc.